Orientation & Educational Visit to MENET Rice Farm At Iselu, Eggua in Ogun State

Rice production is a big business in Nigeria for any smart farmer or investor.

90% of the rice that we consumed in our nation is imported while 10% is produced locally. Lagosians alone consume 60% of the total of the rice in the nation both imported and locally produced while the other states consume the remaining 40%.

If you are thinking of any food crop production that gives a very high return on investment, then, think of rice production.

Interestingly our network, MeritChoice Entrepreneurs’ Network (MENET) has just recently started a rice farming project of about 20 hectares. We also have a set of about 150 members benefiting from the World Bank sponsored FADAMA project who will be involved in various level of rice value chain at the second season of this year.

Therefore, there is need for us to have good orientation about the rice business as we set a target plan of having the largest rice farm in the next few years.

So, the plan start by us paying a visit to the real farm and taking practical training of how a typical rice farm should be. This will be the best form of learning as we will demonstrate all what has been done at the farm on that day.

The location of the farm is at Iselu, Eggua in Ogun State.

The date for the trip is: Saturday, 9th July, 2016.

Buses shall be available for the trip.

Things You May Want To Take Along:

  1. You can come with rain boot or rubber shoes that you can put on at the farm because the rice field can sometimes be water logged.
  2. You may also come with cap to shield yourself against the sun, in case, we experience a sunny day.
  3. Since it is still rainy, it will be a good idea to have an umbrella in case the rain falls.


The Fee:
For all interested participants = N5,050.00
For Associate Member of MENET = N4,550.00

The fee includes transportation, lunch and refreshment.

IMPORTANT WARNING
Please note that all payment for those participating must be received latest by Thursday, 7th July, 2016. Any late payment on Friday 8th July, 2016 will not be honoured and will be paid into the person’s FasteCash account where he or she can make a withdrawal.

ENTER YOUR DETAILS NOW
If you are interested in going on the trip with us, kindly enter your details right away even if you are not paying immediately. This will help our logistics and planning but don’t forget to make the payment before the deadline.

…Enter your details at the subscription box at the right hand side of this page.

Thanks.

      gbeminiyi-oluwabusola-mps
mysignature-go                President,
    MeritChoice Entrepreneurs’
           Network (MENET)